The wait for the much-awaited season is over as autumn is arriving. It’s one of the most beautiful times of the year when you can be lazy, lie down on your couch, grab a cup of tea, and have a cozy conversation with your friends and family. However, special occasions like these are likely to attract some uninvited guests.
Impact of the fall season on health
The weather can become unpredictable and significantly impact our health due to sudden natural changes. Ayurveda suggests that the fall season affects each person differently based on their doshas ( the energies that govern the body and mind.) To identify your dosha type and features, take this quiz
This cool and dry weather will bring some imbalances in the Vata dosha. Your Vata influences self-care tips and requires a personalized remedy to keep your health in tune with the change. Review this self-care guide to draft a customized routine recommended by your dosha.
However, these vata imbalances are easily controllable, and a prior precaution can help you stay in sync with the unprecedented changes.
Make sure your autumn passes out with happiness and peace, not with a sore and running nose.
We have curated a list of autumn health and wellness tips to help you stay healthy and happy during the fall.
4 Ayurvedic self-care Tips for a healthy fall
1. Follow a fall-friendly diet
(Picture credit- Men’s health)
The Vata season is known for its cold and dry weather. It’s recommended to consume hot fluids to regulate body temperature.
Hear what Ayurvedic experts recommend to eat and not eat during the fall-
What to eat?
- Eat warm and well-cooked nutrient-rich food.
- Drink warm fluids like soup, herbal tea and hot water to avoid the sudden freezing of your body and maintain your energy level.
Herbal tea is recognized by Ayurveda as an element for leading a healthy life. This free guide will help you choose the right kind of herbal tea suited for your wellness.
If you are looking for a deliciously healthy method of staying fit during the fall season
We encourage you to try this nutrient-rich herbal tea that was specially created according to your health and palate preferences.
What not to eat?
- Avoid raw or refrigerated foods
- Avoid drinking cold fluids
2. Practice Abhyanga
(Picture credit- Digit Insurance)
Abhyanga is an ancient Ayurvedic practice of self-massaging your body with warm oil. It is one of the effective remedies with numerous health benefits to it.
According to the research published by ResearchGate
” Abhyanga” doesn’t add ” years to life ” but ” life to years ” due to its Psychogenic and psychological benefits.
Here are some of the well-known benefits of Abhyanga
- It improves blood circulation and nourishes the body’s cells.
- Strengthen the nervous system by reducing the stress level.
- Boost the immune system and improve the quality of sleep.
Once incorporated into your routine, this simple practice can reward you with a fit body and sane mind.
During the fall season, it’s recommended to exercise as the body tends to stiffen up and affect movement.
Here are some of the exercises you can quickly try at home
- Pranayama – It is the breath control technique for relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra – It is a meditative practice done by simply lying on the ground or mat. It heals the body and soothes the mind.
- Sun salutations – This exercise involves a series of yoga poses specially done during the morning. It keeps the body warm and energetic.
Exercise can improve your overall well-being. It releases endorphins that produce mood-boosting effects, keeping the mind relaxed and focused.
4. Good sleep
( Picture credit- The healthy)
This self-care tip is a reminder for night owls who compromise on sleep to stay up late for work. Though you might be super productive at night, staying up late during the fall season causes irregular sleep cycles. If not fixed, then it can drastically impact your health.
Tips to fix your sleep cycle
- Avoid consuming caffeine during the night or evening.
- Avoid any digital detox during bedtime.
- Please set up a regular sleep schedule and follow it consistently.
- In addition to the self-care tips shared above, it is essential to keep your immune system strong to adapt to such seasonal changes. You can refer to this blog to learn how to keep yourself resistant during this autumn.
In addition to the self-care tips mentioned above, it’s critical to maintain a strong immune system to adjust to such seasonal changes.
If you are fascinated by the world of Ayurveda and want to learn more, you can reach out to us at blissfullliving4you. At Blissfullliving, we strive to provide all the necessary resources, support, and guidance to help you create your dream life. Through our three pillars of health, wisdom, and wealth, we are committed to helping you in your journey to wellness.